Synchrony PT Philosophy
You are the most important member of your health care team! We want you to be an informed consumer when you select your teammates.
We routinely comparison shop before a big purchase like a car, a new television, a computer… do we allow ourselves that level of research and consideration when we choose our health care? Hopefully! But often, when it comes to health care, we may defer to wherever our insurance sends us, whatever provider central scheduling assigns us, and so on.
Our business practice at Synchrony PT is not insurance driven- it is a fee-for-service model. We want you to shop around, and then select us! As seasoned clinicians, we believe that we can provide valuable, high quality physical therapy services. We are accountable to each of the clients we serve- not to third party payors.
Our practice welcomes all individuals, from any variety of background and various presenting conditions. We look forward to learning more about you- below is just a little bit about us.
Kathy Molitor Simon earned her PT degree from University of Wisconsin-LaCrosse in 1981. She has a strong interest in athletics and during her time at LaCrosse, was a student athletic trainer, traveling with the girls basketball and volleyball teams.
- Kathy’s practice has been focused on orthopedics and sports medicine in all forms, with a special interest in treating lower extremity problems.
- Special skills and interests: Foot orthotic assessment and modification; running assessment and mechanics.
- Member of the American Physical Therapy Association since 1980 and is a Sport Physical Therapy section member.
- Post-degree continuing education includes: craniosacral intervention; manual therapy courses from the Institute of Physical Art; coursework with Jenny McConnell and Shirley Sahrmann in muscle imbalances and musculoskeletal pain syndromes.
- Kathy is focused on teaching and problem solving. Her goal is to work in conjunction with each client to help them move forward toward their optimal function.
- Outside the clinic Kathy enjoys time with her family, and activities like yoga and hiking.
Carrie Truebenbach earned her PT degree at Boston University and her post-professional DPT from Evidence in Motion. Her M.S. in Kinesiology-Biomechanics came from UW-Milwaukee. At BU, Carrie ran for the Track and Cross Country Teams.
- Carrie’s practice focuses on orthopedics and sports medicine. This has included both clinical practice and academic teaching.
- Board-certified Orthopedic Certified Specialist (OCS) through the American Physical Therapy Association
- Expertise in management of endurance athletes and running mechanics through continuing education coursework and M.S. Kinesiology degree focusing on Biomechanics in research and practice
- Special interest and experience in working with performing artists, especially dancers
- Other post-degree continuing education focus: manual therapy; advanced clinical assessment, including screening and primary care
- Carrie held an academic position at a local university DPT program for the past 10 years. Currently, the clinic has called her back! She loves investigating clinical problems and working with her clients to determine a plan of care that gets them back into action as efficiently as possible.
- Outside the clinic, Carrie loves outdoor activities, especially when she can enjoy them with her family. She still enjoys running, now recreationally > competitively. She is also an aspiring yogi in training.